1. Initial telephone conversation to discuss requirements, budgets* and timescale. Emailing us photographs and basic dimensions is often helpful.
2. Site meeting to survey and discuss requirements in greater detail. You may find our “Ideas” page a useful reference at this stage.
3. We build a three dimensional CAD model of your space and present concept sketches with costs.**
Typical concept sketches can be seen here… https://www.flickr.com/photos/exploitspace/sets/
4. When a concept and a fixed cost*** is agreed, we ask clients to pay 50% to start the project.
5. Working closely with the client we produce a final “production ready” version of the concept. When all details are resolved the final design is approved by the client.
Typical approval sketches here… https://www.flickr.com/photos/exploitspace/sets/72157632169261877/
6. When the final design is approved manufacturing files are sent to our workshop.
Our components are CNC cut DIRECTLY from the same CAD files our clients approve.
What our clients sign off is what is produced (3D wysiwyg!).
See footage of parts being cut here…https://www.flickr.com/photos/exploitspace/5866751324/in/set-72157627036666570/
7. Before installing we protect your home (typically a combination of heavy duty low tack sheet on carpets and tough corrugated plastic on hard floors).
8. Most of our parts arrive fully finished so we create the minimal amount of dust and mess.
We typically take 1 to 5 days to complete an installation.
THERE WILL BE NO DUST OR MESS WHEN WE LEAVE.
10. Balance of payment within seven days of completion.
* It is much, much easier to work to a budget, so the sooner we discuss budget the better. We can often think of ways of saving money once we understand your priorities and resources.
** We are constantly busy and occasionally ask to clients to hold their place in the queue with a small deposit (typically a few hundred pounds).
*** “Fixed cost” means just that, we have never and will never ask for more than the agreed amount. There are no hidden extras or taxes to pay. By the same token we do not undertake unquoted or free work.